NEW (10/2010) FOOTWEAR POLICY FOR WC
For safety reasons and to help prevent the spread of contagious skin conditions, footwear should be worn at all times when using the Center. For exercises that require the use of bare feet or are usually performed in bare feet (such as stretching, yoga, martial art forms, gymnastic exercises), bare feet are permitted during the performance of these exercises.
• Footwear means shoes: socks are not footwear.
• For members who mix barefoot with non-barefoot exercises, shoes should be used for non-barefoot exercises.
• Any member who believes that s/he has a contagious skin condition should take care to cover the condition until it is no longer contagious, and use extra care when cleaning any equipment s/he has used.
• To help prevent the spread of contagious skin conditions, all equipment (including yoga/exercise mats) should be wiped down before and after use.
• Shoes are always required when using any electronic aerobic equipment (steppers, elliptical machines, bikes, rowing machine, etc.) or when using any heavy weights or weight machines.
• Shower sandals are strongly encouraged as a guard against locker room spread of contagious skin conditions.
2011 Wellness Membership Survey Results
Please find the survey results attached in Word format.
2011 survey, results.doc
Funds Allocation: New Treadmill
Today, (March 28, 2011), your PSOB Wellness Center Board voted unanimously to allocate $6,000 in funds to the purchase of a new treadmill. In a recent evaluation of our equipment, our equipment provider identified two treadmills that should be replaced within the next 1-3 years. Our recent Wellness Membership survey identified treadmills as the most popular pieces of aerobic equipment by far. Our current fiscal position is adequate for the Board to make this expenditure and still have enough in reserve should an emergency expense occur in the Center.
The $6,000 is an estimate; the actual price of the treadmill could be less. Allocating $6,000 will give the Board the flexibility to select the best model for this amount or under.
The Board Treasurer, Gregg Hefner, a regular user of the treadmills, will take the lead in selecting a replacement. Members interested in participating in treadmill selection process can contact him at Gregg.firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per Board policy, members have thirty days from the date of this announcement to comment upon this purchase, before the allocation is final. Comments may be made to any Board member.
Signage and Breast-Feeding Room Cost Allocations
Your PSOB Wellness Board has voted to allocate funds to two new projects:
1. Signage in the Wellness Center. As part of the Board’s commitment to improving communication, our Communications Coordinator has recommended the purchase of thirty permanent sign holders of varying sizes that can be updated as needed. The Board has authorized an allocation of $1,500 for this purchase.
2. Sign up for access to the breast-feeding room. The Wellness Center has the responsibility to monitor access to the Wellness Center for those women who use the PSOB breast-feeding room. The current process is time- and labor-consuming. In addition, breast-feeding women must be made aware that only the use of the breast-feeding room and the women’s bathroom are allowed; to use any other portion of the Center would require them to become Center members. The Board has allocated $2,000 to cover the website and legal services needed to create a faster sign-up process and to create an informed consent document describing the limitations of use.
Neither cost allocation will impact Center reserve deposits. Members have thirty days from to comment upon these allocations.