Job Title: Orientation Coordinator
Closing Date/Time: Wednesday 07/13/16 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Salary: $45/Orientation Tour
Job Type: Part-time/Independent contractor
Location: Portland, Oregon (800 NE Oregon Street)
The Wellness Center (WC) is a non-profit employee gym located in the Portland State Office Building (PSOB). The WC offers private membership to individuals who work in the building.
The Orientation Coordinator (OC) is responsible for acquainting and onboarding members to the equipment, facilities and rules of the WC. The OC interacts with members electronically and in-person to schedule and conduct tours of the WC. Candidates must have strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, be customer-service oriented and adept to working flexible hours.
· Contact members via phone and email to schedule orientation tours; tours are held during regular business hours (8 am – 5 pm, Monday through Friday) based on the availability of the member and the OC.
· Conduct tours according to an orientation checklist provided by the WC’s membership board; check list includes rules, policies, demonstration of equipment use, etc.
· Revise orientation checklist as needed to reflect new policies or procedures or improvements identified by OC or WC board members
· Document communication and tours scheduled with members to the WC board
· Experience working in customer service and the fitness industry
· Ability to demonstrate and/or guide members through proper use of WC equipment
· Friendly, approachable attitude!
Desired Skills and Experience:
· Certified personal trainer
· CPR/AED certified
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume. The cover letter should specifically focus on your qualifications for this position as identified in the “Minimum Requirements” section. Submit your application via email to the Wellness Center at PSOB.WELLNESSCENTER@dhsoha.state.or.us, with subject title, Orientation Coordinator.
Applications must be received by 12 AM Wednesday, July 13th, 2016.