FOR ACCESS TO THE LACTATION ROOM,
Please Click Here:
Please contact Dawn Quitugua if you have suggestions or comments about the lactation room or lactation room procedures.
Portland State Office Building
WHERE ARE THE TWO LACTATION ROOMS?
Both rooms are located on the 8th floor of the Portland State Office Building (PSOB) in the Wellness Center, Room #800.
WHO CAN USE THE LACTATION ROOMS?
The rooms are available to all employees, volunteers, and visitors to the building. Each room may be used by one mother at a time.
WHAT ARE ACCEPTABLE ACTIVITIES FOR THE ROOMS?
The rooms are reserved for breastfeeding mothers who are pumping or nursing. The rooms may not be used for any other purpose, even if they are empy.
WHY DO WE HAVE THESE ROOMS?
Breastfeeding is the best way to feed babies! The Lactation Rooms provide a private, comfortable environment to support breastfeeding mothers who need to pump their breast milk to take home, or to feed their baby on site.
ARE NURSING MOTHERS REQUIRED TO USE ONE OF THE LACTATION ROOMS?
No. The rooms are there if a mother wants to breastfeed in private. However, mothers can breastfeed anywhere in the building that they are otherwise authorized to be. Oregon law states “A mother has a right to breastfeed her child in a public place."
WHAT IS PROVIDED IN THE LACTATION ROOMS?
Each room has a comfortable chair for one person, a foot stool, a small table (to hold the pump), and an electrical outlet. Each door locks from the inside. Employees or guests need to bring their own pump and are responsible for storing their milk elsewhere. Sanitized wipes are provided. A sink is located nearby in the Wellness Center for washing your hands and pump parts.
HOW DO I RESERVE A LACTATION ROOM?
- Since members already have name badge access to the Wellness Center, you do not need to register below.
- Email Dawn Quitugua and let her know you need access to the electronic scheduling calendar on Outlook.
- Within a few days, you will receive an email response with directions on how to reserve one of the Lactation Rooms.
Mothers who are NOT Wellness Center members:
Register your name and contact information below.
- Read the Usage Agreement and Release, click “I Accept”, and then click “Submit Request”. This step notifies the appropriate staff to provide you with name badge access to the Wellness Center, as well as the electronic scheduling calendar on Outlook.
- Within a few days, your name badge will be activated and you will receive an email response with directions on how to reserve one of the Lactation Rooms.
- Please contact Dawn if you experience any difficulties with this process.
- The rooms can be reserved as needed, based on availability and space.
- Reservations are for a 30-minute time frame.
- In the event of multiple requests for the same time, reservations will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
- Your reservation must be completed and confirmed before you may use the room.
- Those reserving a room have full use of the room during the time scheduled.
- Arrive and leave on time. Be mindful of the needs of others.
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW ABOUT USING THE LACTATION ROOM?
Respect the following rules about room usage.
- Keep the room clean. Leave the room in the same condition you found it, or better.
- Feel free to use the white board to communicate and share ideas with other breastfeeding mothers using the room. The bulletin board is there for you to post your baby photos.
- Anything left in the room may be used by other mothers. Some items are intentionally left for all to share